Photographer Mai Thanh Chuong, Member of the Vietnam Association of Photographic Artists (A.VAPA)
Born in 1982, Mai Thanh Chuong started his career in Hoi An as a photographer in 2000. Since 2006, Chuong have started to compose artistic works and participated in a number of national and international contests. He has won several medals and awards, such as:
· Silver Medal, Central and Central Highlands Regions Contest – 2006
· Gold Medal, Asahi Shimbun Photo Contest – 2007
· Silver Medal, Earth Hour Vietnam Photo Contest – 2010
· Gold Medal, National Photography Award – 2012
· Silver Medal, Gia Dinh Photography Club International Photo Contest – 2012
· Gold Medal, IFS (International Online Digital Photographic Competition in Cyprus) – 2012
His photos have been in display in Vietnam and other countries, such as Qatar, France, Australia, United Kingdom,... Chuong’s works have also been used in publications by international organizations and in magazines, such as UNESCO, UNV, Heritage Magazine, Saigon Times, etc.
The Moon Photo Gallery is where Mai Thanh Chuong displays his dedicated and insightful art works. This is also a venue for photographers to exchange their knowledge and experience, particularly young people who are fond of the art and beginning to learn.
Besides those reserved for display, art works in the gallery are open for sales, a one way to generate subsidy for The Moon Photo Gallery and to encourage artistic creativity for the local area.